Join Jesse Freeman for an in-depth discussion in this video Generate a window enum, part of Unity 5: 2D Advanced UI.
- [Voiceover] Now the enums are incredibly powerful.…But our system is still a little bit fragile.…If we go ahead and we switch the order of the windows…in the window manager,…our enums will no longer match up…to where they originally were.…In order to fix this,…we're going to add a button…that will actually generate out the enum code for us.…Let's go into our editor…and open up the window manager editor.…Now, this is a little bit complicated,…but, I like to use tools like this to generate our code…so I'm not always having to do it by hand.…
So once we get through setting up…everything we need to generate out a custom enum C# class,…we won't have to worry about re-doing this ever again…and it will all be automated…based on the order of the list from our editor.…To get started, we're going to need…to bring in two namespaces.…Let's type in using System.IO…so that we can write to the file system.…And let's bring in Using System.Text…so that we can work with text…for generating out the code…that will go in the file we make.…
Unity expert Jesse Freeman helps you design your UI using custom prefabs (reusable UI elements), UI components such as windows and buttons, simple buildup animations, and transitions. He also helps you create a window manager to guide changes and relationships between windows, and extend the window system with a custom Unity editor that lets you standardize window display and navigation throughout your game.
- Creating Unity prefabs: fonts, colors, buttons, and labels
- Adding a title, credits, and buttons to the start screen
- Adding a game over screen
- Creating animated stats for the game over screen
- Transitioning between windows
- Building a keyboard window
- Mouse, keyboard, and controller navigation
- Building a custom Unity editor for managing in-game windows
- Adding a window to select difficulty level
Skill Level Intermediate
Unity 5: 2D Generate Procedural Terrainwith Dan Violet Sagmiller4h 4m Intermediate
Unity 5: 2D Essential Training (2015)with Jesse Freeman3h 22m Intermediate
Unity 5: 2D Building a Tile Map Editorwith Jesse Freeman1h 38m Intermediate
1. Create UI Prefabs in Unity
2. Create a Start Screen in Unity
3. Create a Game Over Screen in Unity
4. Create a Window Manager
The window manager3m 45s
5. Create a Virtual Keyboard Window
6. Extend the Window System
7. Add a Difficulty Window in Unity
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.