Join Dan Violet Sagmiller for an in-depth discussion in this video Express site viability, part of Unity 5: Build a Real-Time Strategy Game.
- [Voiceover] Our building now follows the mouse…across the terrain,…but gives no indication as to whether or not…we can build.…I want the building to have a red tint…if we can't build…and a green tint if we can.…To start out with,…I'll need to add a special function to RTS manager…so I'm in the assets…and I'm going to the scripts…and then to Edit RTS manager.…In RTS manager,…I'm going to stub out a function for now…so right after screen point to map position…I'll create this new function.…
Public bool is game object safe to place…and in it, I'm going to pass a game object.…In the next video,…we're going to figure out exactly…how the details of this work.…For now, we're going to focus on how to express it.…So to stub this out,…we're just going to return true for now.…Now the code to express this,…to show whether something is red or green…will happen in find building site.…
So I'm going into that code.…Now, up at the top of the code…I need three pieces of information.…I'm going to need to store the renderer…so I can get back to it…
AuthorDan Violet Sagmiller
- Adding player positions and start info
- Loading prebuilt levels
- Adding camera moves
- Adding a unit
- Supporting navigation
- Adding unit owners and player objects
- Importing and setting up a HUD map
- Adding unit info and credits
- Creating HUD actions
- Building a command base
- Adding artificial intelligence
- Adding battle actions
Skill Level Intermediate
Unity 5 2D Essential Training (2015)with Jesse Freeman3h 22m Intermediate
1. Initial Setup
2. Adding a Unit
3. Navigation Mesh
4. Unit Owner
5. HUD Map
6. Unit Info & Credits
7. HUD Actions
8. Command Base
9. Base AI
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.