Join Jesse Freeman for an in-depth discussion in this video Export and import assets packages, part of Building Custom Tools to Extend the Unity IDE.
- [Voiceover] The last thing I want to talk about…is how to actually export the code and resources…from your project into a Unity package.…This is the way that the Unity Asset Store…distributes code that you buy from it.…It's actually very easy to create a Unity package.…What we're gonna do is select…the folder that we want to export.…In this case we're gonna pick our…ExtendingUnityEditor folder.…Now, let's go to the Assets menu and select Export Package.…
As you can see here, all of the files within the folder…have automatically been checked.…If for some reason we don't want to include them,…we can go through manually and uncheck them.…Let's go ahead and select the All…to make sure that everything is included.…The other button for Include dependencies…would actually pull in code from other folders…if any of the classes in here happen to have a dependency.…This is important in case you're trying to export something,…you want to make sure that the person…who loads in the package has all the files…that they need to actually run it.…
- Exposing variables to the Inspector
- Providing attributes to Inspector fields
- Extending the base editor
- Creating custom UI elements
- Modifying the layout of a custom editor
- Building a custom window
- Saving and loading data
- Creating a reorderable list
- Skinning custom inspectors
- Exporting assets as Unity packages
Skill Level Intermediate
Unity 5: 2D Essential Training (2015)with Jesse Freeman3h 22m Intermediate
Unity 5: 2D Generate Procedural Terrainwith Dan Violet Sagmiller4h 4m Intermediate
Game Design Careers with Brenda Romerowith Brenda Romero54m 41s Beginner
1. Introduction to the Inspector
2. Build Custom Editors in Unity
3. Create Custom UI Elements in Unity
4. Build a Custom Window in Unity
5. Saving and Loading Data in Unity
6. Advanced UI
7. Skinning Custom Inspectors
8. Export Custom Code
Code organization4m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.