Join Jesse Freeman for an in-depth discussion in this video Exercise files, part of Unity 5: 2D Combat in an RPG Game.
- [Voiceover] If you have access to the exercise files, you can follow along with the same project I'll have on the screen. The folder is structured with each chapter broken down into video folders. Inside the video folder is the current state of the project at the start of this video. At the root of the exercise folder is _Resources folder with two Unity packages that contain the code for our games UI, as well as the map. Plus, additional artwork you'll need to follow along. If you open a project and find yourself in the wrong scene, simply go into the project scene folder, and select the scene that you see on the screen.
- Preparing the user interface
- Creating game and message windows
- Building a battle window
- Adding a monster and action buttons
- Creating an actor class
- Adding player and monster attack actions
- Triggering battles from the map
- Ending a battle
- Cleaning up the battle and attack systems
- Rewarding the player
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Preparing the UI
2. Message Window
3. The Battle Window
4. Actor Classes
5. Battle Actions
6. Cleaning Up Combat
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.