Join Jesse Freeman for an in-depth discussion in this video Exercise Files, part of Building Custom Tools to Extend the Unity IDE.
- [Instructor] If you have access to the exercise files, you can follow along with the same project I'll have on the screen. The folder is structured with each chapter broken out into video folders with a project inside. To open a project, navigate to the chapter, select the Unity project, and from within Assets, go to the Scenes folder, and open up the scene directly. This course was originally built with an older version of Unity 5. From time to time, new releases of Unity require you to upgrade the project.
This course has been updated to the latest public version of Unity, which is 5.3.4f1 as of this recording. You'll need the latest version of Unity or above to run this project. If you run into any problems, you can always download older versions of Unity from the website archive.
- Exposing variables to the Inspector
- Providing attributes to Inspector fields
- Extending the base editor
- Creating custom UI elements
- Modifying the layout of a custom editor
- Building a custom window
- Saving and loading data
- Creating a reorderable list
- Skinning custom inspectors
- Exporting assets as Unity packages
Skill Level Intermediate
Unity 5: 2D Generate Procedural Terrainwith Dan Violet Sagmiller4h 4m Intermediate
Game Design Careers with Brenda Romerowith Brenda Romero54m 41s Beginner
1. Introduction to the Inspector
2. Build Custom Editors in Unity
3. Create Custom UI Elements in Unity
4. Build a Custom Window in Unity
5. Saving and Loading Data in Unity
6. Advanced UI
7. Skinning Custom Inspectors
8. Export Custom Code
Code organization4m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.