Join Dan Violet Sagmiller for an in-depth discussion in this video Do nothing, part of Unity 5: Build a Real-Time Strategy Game.
- [Voiceover] Now we'll be creating a do nothing Ai.…This is going to be a default action…where nothing happens.…The designer will influence its likelihood.…An easier defensive level may have the Ai…doing nothing most of the time,…allowing the human a chance to prepare their strikes.…This will also give us a chance to step…through everything without having to worry…about determining the wait or execution methods.…To start out, I'll go to the Scripts folder,…then the Ai folder,…and then I'll right click and create…a new script.…This will be called DoNothingAi.…
Now let's edit it.…I will point out that as this particular video…is going to be the first one that we're…getting to test the code,…and we've had several videos without being…able to test it, we may have a few things…to clean up, but we'll get to that.…So in the DoNothingAi,…first thing is I want this to be…an Ai behavior.…So I'll have it inherit AiBehavior.…Then I�m going to get rid of start and update.…Now I know that I'm going to want this…to return a specific weight value,…
AuthorDan Violet Sagmiller
- Adding player positions and start info
- Loading prebuilt levels
- Adding camera moves
- Adding a unit
- Supporting navigation
- Adding unit owners and player objects
- Importing and setting up a HUD map
- Adding unit info and credits
- Creating HUD actions
- Building a command base
- Adding artificial intelligence
- Adding battle actions
Skill Level Intermediate
Unity 5 2D Essential Training (2015)with Jesse Freeman3h 22m Intermediate
1. Initial Setup
2. Adding a Unit
3. Navigation Mesh
4. Unit Owner
5. HUD Map
6. Unit Info & Credits
7. HUD Actions
8. Command Base
9. Base AI
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.