Join Jesse Freeman for an in-depth discussion in this video Display in a window, part of Building Custom Tools to Extend the Unity IDE.
- [Voiceover] So now let's talk about…displaying elements inside of our window itself.…Let's go ahead and open up the TestWindow in MonoDevelop.…Now that we have our OnGUI class,…we can go ahead and start adding some additional logic.…Before we modify the OnGUI method,…let's go into the OnLostFocus method…and reset the currentSelection to equal null…once we've lost focus in the window.…Now let's go inside of the condition where we test to see…that the currentSelection is not equal to null…and delete our test code.…
Inside of here we're gonna create a new vertical layout.…We'll use the EditorGUILayout class…and call BeginVertical.…Next we'll also want to make sure that we end this…so that we don't forget.…Simply call the EndVertical method…on the EditorGUILayout class.…Now inside of here, let's create a new field.…We'll call EditorGUILayout.LabelField…and inside of it let's pass in a string…Currently Selected GameObject.…
Next we'll create a label field…to display the currentSelection's name.…Here we'll type out EditorGUILayout.LabelField…
- Exposing variables to the Inspector
- Providing attributes to Inspector fields
- Extending the base editor
- Creating custom UI elements
- Modifying the layout of a custom editor
- Building a custom window
- Saving and loading data
- Creating a reorderable list
- Skinning custom inspectors
- Exporting assets as Unity packages
Skill Level Intermediate
Unity 5: 2D Essential Training (2015)with Jesse Freeman3h 22m Intermediate
Unity 5: 2D Generate Procedural Terrainwith Dan Violet Sagmiller4h 4m Intermediate
1. Introduction to the Inspector
2. Build Custom Editors in Unity
3. Create Custom UI Elements in Unity
4. Build a Custom Window in Unity
5. Saving and Loading Data in Unity
6. Advanced UI
7. Skinning Custom Inspectors
8. Export Custom Code
Code organization4m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.