- Working in the Unity console
- Brute force logging
- Debugging in Scene view
- Handling exceptions
- Running integration and unit tests
- Tips for debugging on mobile platforms
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Chris Byers and welcome to Debugging Scripts in Unity. In this course we'll look at Unity's powerful suite of debugging, testing, and profiling tools. I'll start by showing you how to print debug information to the Unity console by using the debug class API. Then I'll show you how to use the MonoDevelop IDE to debug code at runtime. Finally, we'll see how to profile your application with the Unity Profiler. We'll be covering all of these features, plus plenty of other tools and techniques to help you debug smarter and more efficiently. With that let's get started with Debugging Scripts in Unity.
Animating Characters with Mecanim in Unity 3Dwith Sue Blackman5h 28m Intermediate
Advanced Unity: 3D Game Programmingwith Michael House3h 45m Advanced
Creating Mobile Games with Unitywith Kelley Hecker1h 12m Intermediate
1. Getting to Know the Unity Debug Console
2. Additional Techniques for Debugging
3. Integration and Unit Testing
4. Debugging Stand-Alone Applications
Next steps1m 28s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.