Join Dan Violet Sagmiller for an in-depth discussion in this video Debug AI, part of Unity 5: Build a Real-Time Strategy Game.
- [Voiceover] We need to know what the Ai is thinking.…We need the Ai to tell us why it made its choice.…Once we can see what it's thinking,…we'll be able to fix the CreateBaseAi…so it makes more bases.…And then, of course, we'll be able to fix…any other errors that show up after that.…So, to get started, the first thing I'm going to do…is go to the pre-fabs.…I'm going to select the command base…and scroll down to its earning script,…and I'm going to change it from one to 10,000.…I want it to have a high value…so that the Ai will constantly have…plenty of money to work with.…
You want to speed up the Ai…when you want to start seeing what's wrong with it…or you want to see it run quickly.…With 10,000 credits a second,…the next thing we need to do…is click the Player 2 Ai…and change its frequency…from every half a second to make a decision…to zero seconds to make a decision.…So, every time it updates, it's going to…go through its decision tree again and…figure out what to do.…It'll be doing a lot of things very quickly…
AuthorDan Violet Sagmiller
- Adding player positions and start info
- Loading prebuilt levels
- Adding camera moves
- Adding a unit
- Supporting navigation
- Adding unit owners and player objects
- Importing and setting up a HUD map
- Adding unit info and credits
- Creating HUD actions
- Building a command base
- Adding artificial intelligence
- Adding battle actions
Skill Level Intermediate
Unity 5 2D Essential Training (2015)with Jesse Freeman3h 22m Intermediate
1. Initial Setup
2. Adding a Unit
3. Navigation Mesh
4. Unit Owner
5. HUD Map
6. Unit Info & Credits
7. HUD Actions
8. Command Base
9. Base AI
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.