Join Jesse Freeman for an in-depth discussion in this video Create a window layout, part of Unity 5: 2D Advanced UI.
- [Voiceover] Now we're ready to start laying out elements…in our game over window.…Let's select it from the hierarchy menu,…right click, and create an empty game object inside of it.…We're gonna call this VerticalLayout.…Now, sometimes when you add UI elements,…you may notice that the position X and position Y…of the Rect Transform has a strange…number in it that ends with an E.…In order to fix this, you won't be…able to just simply select and type in a new value.…You'll have to roll over to the label itself,…and click and drag to change the value…just a little bit, then go in and set it to 0.…
Let's do the same for the position Y,…so that our VerticalLayout is at 0, 0.…Next, let's add an image component…to our new VerticalLayout.…Let's set the source image to the window border.…Now as you can see, the border image…is scaled up to the full size of the Rect Transform.…Just like we did with our buttons,…we're gonna need to go to the window border,…and allow it to scale properly.…Select it from the image component,…
Unity expert Jesse Freeman helps you design your UI using custom prefabs (reusable UI elements), UI components such as windows and buttons, simple buildup animations, and transitions. He also helps you create a window manager to guide changes and relationships between windows, and extend the window system with a custom Unity editor that lets you standardize window display and navigation throughout your game.
- Creating Unity prefabs: fonts, colors, buttons, and labels
- Adding a title, credits, and buttons to the start screen
- Adding a game over screen
- Creating animated stats for the game over screen
- Transitioning between windows
- Building a keyboard window
- Mouse, keyboard, and controller navigation
- Building a custom Unity editor for managing in-game windows
- Adding a window to select difficulty level
Skill Level Intermediate
Unity 5: 2D Generate Procedural Terrainwith Dan Violet Sagmiller4h 4m Intermediate
Unity 5: 2D Building a Tile Map Editorwith Jesse Freeman1h 38m Intermediate
1. Create UI Prefabs in Unity
2. Create a Start Screen in Unity
3. Create a Game Over Screen in Unity
4. Create a Window Manager
The window manager3m 45s
5. Create a Virtual Keyboard Window
6. Extend the Window System
7. Add a Difficulty Window in Unity
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.