Join Kelley Hecker for an in-depth discussion in this video Create a special piece prefab, part of Building a Match 3 Game with Unity.
- [Voiceover] Well, you only need to match three…in a row to clear pieces,…matching four or more in row creates…a bonus piece with special properties.…These special pieces will clear an entire row…or column when matched.…We're going to create two new prefabs.…One will be a piece that can clear rows…and an other piece that can clear columns.…They will also play a special animation…to differentiate them from other pieces…and let the player know…whether they clear a row or column.…Other than that, they will similar to our normal pieces.…Drag the normal prefab into the scene.…
Select it…and choose break preface instance…from the game object menu.…Rename the object to…row clear piece prefab.…In the inspector,…remove the animator component.…We'll be adding a new one in just a minute.…In the animations folder,…create a new animation…called row clear piece animation.…This animation will move…the piece from side to side.…The animation lets the player know…that this piece clears the row.…
Click on the animation…and check the box for loop time…
Game developer Kelley Hecker covers topics like creating a grid-based game board, using inheritance to create different types of game pieces, adding obstacles and new levels, detecting matches and clearing pieces, and implementing a user interface complete with a score screen. By the end of the course, members will have a completed game and learned new techniques to apply to their next Unity project.
- Creating a game board grid
- Creating and scripting game pieces
- Filling the board
- Creating obstacles
- Swapping pieces
- Matching pieces
- Clearing obstacles and pieces
- Creating new levels
- Creating the user interface: HUD, game over screen, etc.
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Mobile Games with Unitywith Kelley Hecker1h 12m Intermediate
Build a Real-Time Strategy Game with Unity 5with Dan Violet Sagmiller3h 47m Intermediate
1. The Game Board
2. Make a Move
3. Special Piece Types
4. Level Types
5. User Interface
Next steps1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.