Discover how to modify the source code of the Unity 5 2D: Advanced UI window manager to support pop up windows. Pop up windows allow you to overlay windows on top of other windows without automatically closing them. This will be important as you continue to add new windows to the RPG.
- [Voiceover] Now, in order for us…to properly the message window,…we're gonna need to modify the window manager…to allow something called Pop Ups.…A Pop Up is usually when you have a window…that exists on top of other windows.…Let's go ahead and open up the Window Manager Class.…We'll start by modifying…the Toggle Visibility Method.…Next to a value,…let's add a boolean…called closeAllOpen,…and set it to true by default.…
Since we have an existing system…that's leveraging this code,…we want to make sure…that wherever the calls are to Toggle Visibility,…and open as we modify that method,…act exactly how the previous code expected it to.…Like default,…whenever you open a new window,…all of the previous windows are closed.…Any of the new logic we use,…such as the Pop Ups for our message window,…will pass in a new value…to override the default functionality…of this class.…
Let's go over to the Open Method…and do the same thing.…Now, inside of our Open Method,…we call Toggle Visibility.…We're gonna wanna pass in the new boolean…
- Preparing the user interface
- Creating game and message windows
- Building a battle window
- Adding a monster and action buttons
- Creating an actor class
- Adding player and monster attack actions
- Triggering battles from the map
- Ending a battle
- Cleaning up the battle and attack systems
- Rewarding the player
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Preparing the UI
2. Message Window
3. The Battle Window
4. Actor Classes
5. Battle Actions
6. Cleaning Up Combat
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.