In this video Jesse Freeman will teach you how to create a special window dedicated to display an RPG player’s stats while exploring the map and during combat. You’ll create a new Unity 5 UI panel, skin it and position it so that you can correctly see the stat window during the game so that it doesn’t overlap other open windows.
- [Voiceover] Now that we have our player…and our monster actor templates,…let's go ahead and start setting up the foundations…so that we can view the players' stats.…Let's go in our canvas,…and in our game window,…create a new Panel.…We're gonna call this StatsWindow.…Let's go ahead and set the background image…to our window border.…We'll also want to set the alpha to 100% opacity.…Next, we'll want to change the pivot-x to zero,…and the pivot-y to one.…
And let's realign the pivots to…the upper left-hand corner of the screen.…We'll change the position x to eight,…the position y to negative eight,…the width to 48,…and the height to 48 as well.…Now we'll have a window that can display the players' stats…when we're walking around on the map,…as well as when we're in combat.…Let's scroll down and add a new vertical layout group.…Here, we're gonna set the padding for…Left, Right, Top, and Bottom to five,…and also, under Child Force Expand, uncheck height.…
Now let's go into our advanced UI, Prefabs folder,…and drag a subtitle onto our stats window.…
- Preparing the user interface
- Creating game and message windows
- Building a battle window
- Adding a monster and action buttons
- Creating an actor class
- Adding player and monster attack actions
- Triggering battles from the map
- Ending a battle
- Cleaning up the battle and attack systems
- Rewarding the player
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Preparing the UI
2. Message Window
3. The Battle Window
4. Actor Classes
5. Battle Actions
6. Cleaning Up Combat
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.