Join Kelley Hecker for an in-depth discussion in this video Create obstacles, part of Building a Match 3 Game with Unity.
- [Voiceover] We're now going to create…a special type of piece that doesn't move.…This piece is an obstacle that our normal pieces…will have to fill around.…First, we need to create a new prefab,…just like we did for the empty piece.…Drag the normal piece prefab into…the scene from the P refabs folder.…Select GameObject, Break Prefab Instance,…and rename it to BubblePiece Prefab.…Remove the movable and color components in the Inspector.…
Open the prefab, click on the piece game object,…and replace the sprite with bubble01.…Drag the BubblePiece prefab object into the…Prefabs folder to create a prefab out of it…and then delete it from the scene.…Open the Grid Script and add the new…BubblePiece type to our eNom.…Save that and go back to the Editor…and click on the Grid object.…
Change the size of the piece prefabs array to three.…Set the Type of the last Element to BUBBLE…and drag the BubblePiece prefab from the Prefabs folder…into the Prefab Variable.…To test out our BubblePiece, we'll create one…in the center of the grid in the Grid Start Function.…
Game developer Kelley Hecker covers topics like creating a grid-based game board, using inheritance to create different types of game pieces, adding obstacles and new levels, detecting matches and clearing pieces, and implementing a user interface complete with a score screen. By the end of the course, members will have a completed game and learned new techniques to apply to their next Unity project.
- Creating a game board grid
- Creating and scripting game pieces
- Filling the board
- Creating obstacles
- Swapping pieces
- Matching pieces
- Clearing obstacles and pieces
- Creating new levels
- Creating the user interface: HUD, game over screen, etc.
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Mobile Games with Unitywith Kelley Hecker1h 12m Intermediate
Build a Real-Time Strategy Game with Unity 5with Dan Violet Sagmiller3h 47m Intermediate
1. The Game Board
2. Make a Move
3. Special Piece Types
4. Level Types
5. User Interface
Next steps1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.