Join Kelley Hecker for an in-depth discussion in this video Create a new level, part of Build a Match 3 Game with Unity.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Voiceover] Our game will have several different levels.…Each level is going to be its own scene.…Duplicate the main scene, and rename it to Level One.…By having each scene as a separate level,…we can adjust the parameters of the grid…and level objects, per level.…Open the Level One scene.…Right now our grid object…always spawns some bubbles in these spots.…We want to be able to adjust…what type of pieces are spawned…at the beginning of the level,…and where the're spawned.…We're going to create a variable in the inspector…where we can specify…what pieces to spawn, when we start the game.…
Open the Grid Script,…for each piece, we need know what type of piece,…and the position where it should be spawned.…Create a new struct called Piece Position,…to store these values.…Make the struct serialize-able…so we can view it in the inspector.…Then, add a public array of these…piece position structs,…and call it Initial Pieces.…If you click on The Grid object, in the inspector…you can see our new array.…Add a few bubble pieces in different positions…
Game developer Kelley Hecker covers topics like creating a grid-based game board, using inheritance to create different types of game pieces, adding obstacles and new levels, detecting matches and clearing pieces, and implementing a user interface complete with a score screen. By the end of the course, members will have a completed game and learned new techniques to apply to their next Unity project.
- Creating a game board grid
- Creating and scripting game pieces
- Filling the board
- Creating obstacles
- Swapping pieces
- Matching pieces
- Clearing obstacles and pieces
- Creating new levels
- Creating the user interface: HUD, game over screen, etc.
Skill Level Intermediate
Unity 5 2D Essential Training (2015)with Jesse Freeman3h 22m Intermediate
Creating Mobile Games with Unitywith Kelley Hecker1h 12m Intermediate
Unity 5: Build a Real-Time Strategy Gamewith Dan Violet Sagmiller3h 46m Intermediate
1. The Game Board
2. Make a Move
3. Special Piece Types
4. Level Types
5. User Interface
Next steps1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.