Join Kelley Hecker for an in-depth discussion in this video Create a level select screen, part of Building a Match 3 Game with Unity.
- [Voiceover] The last thing we need to do…is create a level select screen…so that players can switch between different levels.…Create a new scene.…Save it in the scenes folder…and call it level select.…Create a new UI image.…Since this screen will just be made up of UI elements…you can delete the main camera.…First let's set up the canvas.…Just like we did with the HUD,…set the UI scale mode to scale with screen size,…and the reference resolution to 1920 by 1080.…
Click on the image and change the sprite to BG2.…Set the width and height to 1920 by 1280,…since this is the texture's native resolution…and set the anchor to the bottom center.…Align the texture to the bottom edge of the screen.…You can see that the background looks good…at some resolutions but at others…there's empty space.…
We need to click on our canvas…and other canvas scaler,…slide it to match the height of the screen.…Now our background completely fills each resolution.…Rename the image to BG.…Create a new button.…This will be the button to select our level.…
Game developer Kelley Hecker covers topics like creating a grid-based game board, using inheritance to create different types of game pieces, adding obstacles and new levels, detecting matches and clearing pieces, and implementing a user interface complete with a score screen. By the end of the course, members will have a completed game and learned new techniques to apply to their next Unity project.
- Creating a game board grid
- Creating and scripting game pieces
- Filling the board
- Creating obstacles
- Swapping pieces
- Matching pieces
- Clearing obstacles and pieces
- Creating new levels
- Creating the user interface: HUD, game over screen, etc.
Skill Level Intermediate
Unity 5: 2D Essential Training (2015)with Jesse Freeman3h 22m Intermediate
Creating Mobile Games with Unitywith Kelley Hecker1h 12m Intermediate
Build a Real-Time Strategy Game with Unity 5with Dan Violet Sagmiller3h 47m Intermediate
1. The Game Board
2. Make a Move
3. Special Piece Types
4. Level Types
5. User Interface
Next steps1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.