Join Jesse Freeman for an in-depth discussion in this video Create label templates, part of Unity 5 2D: Advanced UI.
- [Voiceover] Now that we've created our palette,…let's go ahead and start building out…the styles for our most commonly used UI elements.…But since there's no way to keep styles consistent in Unity…by using a markup language or something like CSS,…we're gonna create prefabs for each of the major elements…we'll use inside of all the UI, throughout our system.…From the Canvas, let's select the UI menu…and create a new Text field.…We're gonna call this "Title" and…let's change the text to say "Title" as well.…
We'll change the font to HabboPseudoMono_copy…and change the font size to 18.…Next, let's change the color.…We'll select the Color > Presets and go to…the white from the palette we created previously.…This palette will help make sure that…each of the text fields that we style…at least stays consistent color-wise…to the rest of the artwork in the game.…Next, let's go to the top and change the height to 18.…Now, before we turn this into a prefab, let's copy it and…paste it and call this "SubTitle" to create our next style.…
Unity expert Jesse Freeman helps you design your UI using custom prefabs (reusable UI elements), UI components such as windows and buttons, simple buildup animations, and transitions. He also helps you create a window manager to guide changes and relationships between windows, and extend the window system with a custom Unity editor that lets you standardize window display and navigation throughout your game.
- Creating Unity prefabs: fonts, colors, buttons, and labels
- Adding a title, credits, and buttons to the start screen
- Adding a game over screen
- Creating animated stats for the game over screen
- Transitioning between windows
- Building a keyboard window
- Mouse, keyboard, and controller navigation
- Building a custom Unity editor for managing in-game windows
- Adding a window to select difficulty level
Skill Level Intermediate
Unity 5 2D: Generate Procedural Terrainwith Dan Violet Sagmiller4h 4m Intermediate
Unity 5 2D Essential Training (2015)with Jesse Freeman3h 22m Intermediate
Unity 5 2D: Building a Tile Map Editorwith Jesse Freeman1h 38m Intermediate
1. Create UI Prefabs in Unity
2. Create a Start Screen in Unity
3. Create a Game Over Screen in Unity
4. Create a Window Manager
The window manager3m 45s
5. Create a Virtual Keyboard Window
6. Extend the Window System
7. Add a Difficulty Window in Unity
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.