Prepare for the Unity Certified Associate exam by exploring the fundamentals of creating user interfaces and 2D games in Unity.
- [Alan] Greetings and welcome to this Unity certification prep guide for 2D games and user interfaces presented by LinkedIn Learning. My name is Alan Thorn and I'll be your instructor as we explore Unity's powerful 2D feature set, if you want to make 2D games like side-scrolling platformers or top-down RPGs retro style then this is a great place to get started. Specifically, we'll see how to create menus with backgrounds. Labels and buttons for interacting with our scenes and user interfaces. We'll examine issues of layout positioning, and resolution, then we'll move on to sprites and animated sprites for creating interesting 2D characters complete with physical collisions and then we'll use Unity's tile map editor for importing tile sets and creating huge worlds from just a few 2D assets. So there's a lot to see and do in this course on our way to Unity certification, so let's get started.
- Creating interfaces for any resolution
- Working with text, buttons, and labels
- Positioning and arranging elements
- Creating sprite animations
- Sprites and 2D physics
- Configuring 2D worlds
- Painting level layouts
- Working with 2D tiles