Join Jesse Freeman for an in-depth discussion in this video Create a game over screen, part of Unity 5: 2D Advanced UI.
- [Voiceover] So now, we're ready to create…our next window.…We're gonna make a Game Over Window,…that would show you the score…and all the stats you've achieved during a game.…To do this, let's create a new panel.…We can close out the Start Window,…right-click on the Canvas,…go to UI, and create a new a Panel.…From here, let's set the color alpha…to 100%…and change the background to our palette color four.…Next, let's go back into our Windows Folder…and create a new window class.…
Here, we'll make a new C Sharp script,…and we'll call this Game Over Window.…Then, open it up in your code editor.…Now in order for this window to work,…like the other windows, we're gonna need…to extend our generic window.…Then, let's go over to the Start Window,…and we're gonna pull out the Awake…and Start method.…Let's select them,…and cut them out of the class,…and then, save the class.…Since we want to start testing the Game Over Window,…we no longer need this test code…in the Start Window.…We'll go back over to our Game Over Window,…
Unity expert Jesse Freeman helps you design your UI using custom prefabs (reusable UI elements), UI components such as windows and buttons, simple buildup animations, and transitions. He also helps you create a window manager to guide changes and relationships between windows, and extend the window system with a custom Unity editor that lets you standardize window display and navigation throughout your game.
- Creating Unity prefabs: fonts, colors, buttons, and labels
- Adding a title, credits, and buttons to the start screen
- Adding a game over screen
- Creating animated stats for the game over screen
- Transitioning between windows
- Building a keyboard window
- Mouse, keyboard, and controller navigation
- Building a custom Unity editor for managing in-game windows
- Adding a window to select difficulty level
Skill Level Intermediate
Unity 5: 2D Generate Procedural Terrainwith Dan Violet Sagmiller4h 4m Intermediate
Unity 5: 2D Essential Training (2015)with Jesse Freeman3h 22m Intermediate
Unity 5: 2D Building a Tile Map Editorwith Jesse Freeman1h 38m Intermediate
1. Create UI Prefabs in Unity
2. Create a Start Screen in Unity
3. Create a Game Over Screen in Unity
4. Create a Window Manager
The window manager3m 45s
5. Create a Virtual Keyboard Window
6. Extend the Window System
7. Add a Difficulty Window in Unity
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.