Join Kelley Hecker for an in-depth discussion in this video Create a game over screen, part of Building a Match 3 Game with Unity.
- [Voiceover] Next we're going to implement the UI…for the Game Over screen.…This screen will show up when the game is over.…Expand the GameUI Canvas object in the hierarchy.…Create a new empty child game object,…and name it Game Over.…Create another empty child object under that…and name it Screen.…We're going to create all of our UI elements…under the Screen object.…The reason we're creating them under Screen…instead of directly under Game Over…is because we want to be able to enable and disable…the UI elements without enabling and disabling the script,…which we'll create later.…
The script will be on the Game Over object,…which means we can enable and disable Screen…without affecting the script.…Create a new UI image.…Make it a child of the Screen object…and rename it to bg.…This will be the background for our game over message.…You can leave the anchor at the center.…Unlike the HUD elements, the Game Over elements…are going to be center anchored.…Set the sprite to the large_rect sprite.…Change the width and height of the transform…
Game developer Kelley Hecker covers topics like creating a grid-based game board, using inheritance to create different types of game pieces, adding obstacles and new levels, detecting matches and clearing pieces, and implementing a user interface complete with a score screen. By the end of the course, members will have a completed game and learned new techniques to apply to their next Unity project.
- Creating a game board grid
- Creating and scripting game pieces
- Filling the board
- Creating obstacles
- Swapping pieces
- Matching pieces
- Clearing obstacles and pieces
- Creating new levels
- Creating the user interface: HUD, game over screen, etc.
Skill Level Intermediate
Unity 5: 2D Essential Training (2015)with Jesse Freeman3h 22m Intermediate
Creating Mobile Games with Unitywith Kelley Hecker1h 12m Intermediate
Build a Real-Time Strategy Game with Unity 5with Dan Violet Sagmiller3h 47m Intermediate
1. The Game Board
2. Make a Move
3. Special Piece Types
4. Level Types
5. User Interface
Next steps1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.