Join Jesse Freeman for an in-depth discussion in this video Create a button prefab, part of Unity 5: 2D Advanced UI.
- [Voiceover] Now we're ready to create a button…that we can use throughout our UI.…Let's go back to our Canvas,…and create a Button inside of it.…We're gonna change the width and height…to make this match the rest of our UI.…Let's set the width to 80 and the height to 18,…and we can move it over to the side,…so it's not running into our other text objects.…From here, let's change the Source Image to "button-up".…Now as you can see, our button doesn't look quite right.…
Let's select the texture itself, and…go into our button-up settings.…If we go into the Sprite Editor, and expand it out,…we're gonna be able to change something called the "Border"…which will allow this image to scale…while leaving some parts of it not scaling.…To explain how this works,…let's start dragging in from the edges.…Here you'll see that I'm moving…the border to the inside of this button,…so that the left, top, right, and bottom all equal three.…
Each platform has a different way of describing this.…You may have called it 9-slicing or scale nine,…
Unity expert Jesse Freeman helps you design your UI using custom prefabs (reusable UI elements), UI components such as windows and buttons, simple buildup animations, and transitions. He also helps you create a window manager to guide changes and relationships between windows, and extend the window system with a custom Unity editor that lets you standardize window display and navigation throughout your game.
- Creating Unity prefabs: fonts, colors, buttons, and labels
- Adding a title, credits, and buttons to the start screen
- Adding a game over screen
- Creating animated stats for the game over screen
- Transitioning between windows
- Building a keyboard window
- Mouse, keyboard, and controller navigation
- Building a custom Unity editor for managing in-game windows
- Adding a window to select difficulty level
Skill Level Intermediate
Unity 5: 2D Generate Procedural Terrainwith Dan Violet Sagmiller4h 4m Intermediate
Unity 5: 2D Essential Training (2015)with Jesse Freeman3h 22m Intermediate
Unity 5: 2D Building a Tile Map Editorwith Jesse Freeman1h 38m Intermediate
1. Create UI Prefabs in Unity
2. Create a Start Screen in Unity
3. Create a Game Over Screen in Unity
4. Create a Window Manager
The window manager3m 45s
5. Create a Virtual Keyboard Window
6. Extend the Window System
7. Add a Difficulty Window in Unity
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.