Join Dan Violet Sagmiller for an in-depth discussion in this video Create building, part of Unity 5: Build a Real-Time Strategy Game.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Voiceover] Right now, even when the base…is following around the mouse.…The mouse is still fully operational.…Also you can't add the base.…In this video, we'll prevent other mouse operations…when our next click will place the base.…And we'll also place the base.…To start out with, I'm going to the Scripts folder…and then I'm going to edit MouseManager.…In MouseManager, since this is a manager,…I want to make it statically available.…Something so all my other classes can easily get to this…to enable it and disable it.…
So to start with, public static MouseManager Current…Next I'll create a constructor to set it,…and then Current will equal this.…So now that the MouseManager is easily available…anywhere else in the code,…I'm going to go into the FindbuildingSite code.…in FindbuildingSite, I'm going to add several more variables…To begin with, I'll create…public float MaxBuildDistance…and I'll set it to 30.…
Next, I want the building prefab,…the real building that we're going to create.…So public GameObject BuildingPrefab…
AuthorDan Violet Sagmiller
- Adding player positions and start info
- Loading prebuilt levels
- Adding camera moves
- Adding a unit
- Supporting navigation
- Adding unit owners and player objects
- Importing and setting up a HUD map
- Adding unit info and credits
- Creating HUD actions
- Building a command base
- Adding artificial intelligence
- Adding battle actions
Skill Level Intermediate
Unity 5 2D Essential Training (2015)with Jesse Freeman3h 22m Intermediate
1. Initial Setup
2. Adding a Unit
3. Navigation Mesh
4. Unit Owner
5. HUD Map
6. Unit Info & Credits
7. HUD Actions
8. Command Base
9. Base AI
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.