Join Dan Violet Sagmiller for an in-depth discussion in this video Create base action, part of Unity 5: Build a Real-Time Strategy Game.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Voiceover] Now we'll make our first action…and attach it to the unit.…We'll use something to create a building,…at least that's what it will look like.…For now, all we need that to do is alert us…that we did click the button.…So to begin with, we're gonna need a button image,…particularly a button that looks like one of the buildings…we use in the future.…So I'm gonna go to the downloads,…particularly if you look at the download…and then open up Resources and then Content 5,…you'll find Command Base Face.…Let's drag that into the Textures folder.…
Now we have Command Base Face in the textures.…We'll need to organize the photo a little bit.…We'll start out by setting it from a Texture to a Sprite,…and then you'll notice its dimensions are 512x512.…We'll set the Pixels Per Unit to 512.…Additionally, the Max Size is currently set to 2048.…We'll also set that to 512 and hit Apply.…Now the image has a transparent background.…Next, we'll go into the Scripts folder,…and then the Actions folder, and we'll create a new script…
AuthorDan Violet Sagmiller
- Adding player positions and start info
- Loading prebuilt levels
- Adding camera moves
- Adding a unit
- Supporting navigation
- Adding unit owners and player objects
- Importing and setting up a HUD map
- Adding unit info and credits
- Creating HUD actions
- Building a command base
- Adding artificial intelligence
- Adding battle actions
Skill Level Intermediate
Unity 5 2D Essential Training (2015)with Jesse Freeman3h 22m Intermediate
1. Initial Setup
2. Adding a Unit
3. Navigation Mesh
4. Unit Owner
5. HUD Map
6. Unit Info & Credits
7. HUD Actions
8. Command Base
9. Base AI
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.