Learn how to control how particle systems generate effects.
- [Instructor] In the preceding movie we created … a particle system for a plasma gun for a spacecraft. … In this movie what I want to do is … to tweak the particles even further, … adjusting their color and general appearance. … Let's take a look at how we can do that. … So here I've selected the particle system … with particles being generated on the surface … of rectangle emitted upwards into the scene … along the forward vector. … I'm going to move to the object Inspector … and move down to the bottom section where we have Renderer. … Remember I've selected the particle system here … inside the Hierarchy panel. … If I expand the Renderer tab, … this allows us to control the visual properties … of each and every particle, … specifically it allows us to assign a material … to individual particles. … You'll see that in the case … to the particles we're using here, … these are known as billboards. … This simply means that their rectangular meshes, … flat rectangular methods that are aligned to the camera. …
Find out more about Unity Certified Associate exam at https://certification.unity.com/products/certified-associate.
- Importing audio files
- Configuring audio listeners and sources
- Creating mixers
- Coding with AudioSources
- Adding sound effects for characters and events
- Building a particle system
- Configuring particle collisions