Learn how to connect up your new game window. You’ll connect the new window to the Unity 5 2D: Advanced UI course’s window manager allowing you to switch between different screens in your RPG. As you connect up the window you’ll also create a new enum to better integrate the new window into the window navigation logic.
- [Voiceover] Now it's time for us to connect up…our new Game window.…We're going to leverage some of the existing…window management code that was created…in my Unity 5 2D Advanced UI course.…Let's select a Canvas, view its children,…and then right-click on Canvas…and create a new empty game object.…We're going to call this game object, GameWindow.…We also want to go to the Anchors,…and while holding down Option on a Mac,…or Alt on Windows, let's set this up…to stretch vertically and horizontally…within the canvas space.…
Next, we'll want to add our new game window class…to our GameWindow game object.…Click on the Add Component…and type in GameWindow.…Now in order for this to work…we're going to need a reference to the…random map tester class.…Let's click on the RandomMapTester game object…and drag the Random Map Tester Script…over to our new GameWindow.…If you look at the console…you may notice an error,…and this is okay to ignore.…Just hit Clear and we can continue on.…
Now since the Random Map Tester game object…
- Preparing the user interface
- Creating game and message windows
- Building a battle window
- Adding a monster and action buttons
- Creating an actor class
- Adding player and monster attack actions
- Triggering battles from the map
- Ending a battle
- Cleaning up the battle and attack systems
- Rewarding the player
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Preparing the UI
2. Message Window
3. The Battle Window
4. Actor Classes
5. Battle Actions
6. Cleaning Up Combat
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.