Join Jesse Freeman for an in-depth discussion in this video Connect the difficulty window, part of Unity 5: 2D Advanced UI.
- [Voiceover] Now we're ready to create…our difficulty window class.…Let's go back in to the windows folder…and create a new c# script.…We'll call this difficulty window.…Let's open up the difficulty window…inside of our code editor.…We'll want to replace the mono behavior…with a generic window.…Also we're going to want to import…the Unity engine UI name space.…Now let's delete the start method…and create a new public method…called On Select.…Inside of On Select,…we'll call the on next window method…that's part of the generic window.…
Now this window's going to be a little bit different.…Since we need to use the toggle buttons,…we're not going to have a select button…on the UI.…Instead, we're going to take control of the UI…and listen for the input directly…from the input manager.…In this case,…when we want to move on to the next screen,…we're going to listen for the submit button…to be pushed down.…In the update method,…let's create a new condition…to look for the input, get button down…and pass in the word submit as a string.…
Unity expert Jesse Freeman helps you design your UI using custom prefabs (reusable UI elements), UI components such as windows and buttons, simple buildup animations, and transitions. He also helps you create a window manager to guide changes and relationships between windows, and extend the window system with a custom Unity editor that lets you standardize window display and navigation throughout your game.
- Creating Unity prefabs: fonts, colors, buttons, and labels
- Adding a title, credits, and buttons to the start screen
- Adding a game over screen
- Creating animated stats for the game over screen
- Transitioning between windows
- Building a keyboard window
- Mouse, keyboard, and controller navigation
- Building a custom Unity editor for managing in-game windows
- Adding a window to select difficulty level
Skill Level Intermediate
Unity 5: 2D Generate Procedural Terrainwith Dan Violet Sagmiller4h 4m Intermediate
Unity 5: 2D Essential Training (2015)with Jesse Freeman3h 22m Intermediate
Unity 5: 2D Building a Tile Map Editorwith Jesse Freeman1h 38m Intermediate
1. Create UI Prefabs in Unity
2. Create a Start Screen in Unity
3. Create a Game Over Screen in Unity
4. Create a Window Manager
The window manager3m 45s
5. Create a Virtual Keyboard Window
6. Extend the Window System
7. Add a Difficulty Window in Unity
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.