Join Jesse Freeman for an in-depth discussion in this video Connect buttons, part of Unity 5 2D: Advanced UI.
- [Voiceover] Now that we have our generic window,…it's time for us to create the code…that'll run our actual Start window.…Let's go ahead and create a new C# script,…and we're going to call this 'Start Window.'…Then let's double-click on it,…and open it up inside of our code editor.…Here you can see we have…our generic window, and our new Start window.…Let's replace the Mono Behavior…with Generic Window.…Now, our new window will automatically…extend and inherit all of the logic…in our generic window.…Let's save this, go back into Unity,…and in the Start window,…let's go ahead and add this as a component.…
Simply filter out for Start window…and select it from the drop-down list.…Then, let's drag New Game into the first selected.…The next thing we'll want to do…is set up the navigation between…each of the buttons.…We'll start with the Continue button,…and scroll down until you find…the button's script.…From here, we'll drag the New Game reference…to the select on down.…On the New Game button,…we'll drag Continue to select on up,…
Unity expert Jesse Freeman helps you design your UI using custom prefabs (reusable UI elements), UI components such as windows and buttons, simple buildup animations, and transitions. He also helps you create a window manager to guide changes and relationships between windows, and extend the window system with a custom Unity editor that lets you standardize window display and navigation throughout your game.
- Creating Unity prefabs: fonts, colors, buttons, and labels
- Adding a title, credits, and buttons to the start screen
- Adding a game over screen
- Creating animated stats for the game over screen
- Transitioning between windows
- Building a keyboard window
- Mouse, keyboard, and controller navigation
- Building a custom Unity editor for managing in-game windows
- Adding a window to select difficulty level
Skill Level Intermediate
Unity 5 2D: Generate Procedural Terrainwith Dan Violet Sagmiller4h 4m Intermediate
Unity 5 2D Essential Training (2015)with Jesse Freeman3h 22m Intermediate
Unity 5 2D: Building a Tile Map Editorwith Jesse Freeman1h 38m Intermediate
1. Create UI Prefabs in Unity
2. Create a Start Screen in Unity
3. Create a Game Over Screen in Unity
4. Create a Window Manager
The window manager3m 45s
5. Create a Virtual Keyboard Window
6. Extend the Window System
7. Add a Difficulty Window in Unity
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.