Join Harrison Ferrone for an in-depth discussion in this video Configure for another project, part of Unity: Working with Google Firebase.
- [Instructor] There are a few things you would…need to change when using the custom asset package…we just made.…For starters, you'll need to go into your new project,…Overview, and select the gear icon,…and go to your Project settings.…You'll need to download that project's…GoogleService info file, and you'll also need to…cut and copy the Project ID, so that you can replace it…here in the DatabaseManager, where we set…our Editor Database URL.…You'll also need to go into the Router class…and change the node names depending on your data.…
Other than that, our Firebase code is largely set up…to plug-n-play with any project.…
- Working with Firebase
- Adding signup and login functionality
- Building a player class
- Saving data
- Retrieving data
- Displaying data in the Unity GUI
- Making a reusable asset package for other Unity projects
Skill Level Intermediate
Building Custom Tools to Extend the Unity IDEwith Jesse Freeman2h 11m Intermediate
Careers in the Game Industrywith Christian Bradley1h 19m Beginner
Unity 5: 2D Building an Adventure Gamewith Jesse Freeman2h 22m Intermediate
1. Project Overview
2. Introduction to Firebase
3. Authenticating Players
4. Using the Realtime Database
5. Displaying Data
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.