Join Alan Thorn for an in-depth discussion in this video Coin collection mechanic, part of Unity: 3D Level Design.
- [Instructor] In this movie I want to implement…the coin collection behavior for our level here.…So right now we have a coin in the level,…and it spins around,…and the player can run over and collect this coin.…At least right now the coin spins around but…they player can't collect it and that is exactly…the behavior I want to implement now by creating…a C sharp script. So let's get started.…I'm going to go back to the project panel here,…right click inside the project panel choose create…and choose folder to create a new folder…that's going to contain all the scripts I create.…
Here inside the scripts folder I'm going to…right click and choose create and then choose C# Script.…I'm going to name this script, I'm going to name this…coin collect, like so, coin collect.…Now we'll drag and drop that script onto the…coin object in the scene.…Actually it's still compiling the script file,…if you see that message it simply means that images…is still compiling the script and you can't attach…it yet to the object, but now it's compiled.…
The concepts covered in this course can help to prepare you for the Unity Certified Developer exam.
- Creating a Unity project
- Importing and configuring assets
- Modular level building
- Getting started with lighting
- Working with light probes and occlusion culling
- Creating timed behaviors
- Starting and completing a finite state machine