Join Jesse Freeman for an in-depth discussion in this video Code organization, part of Building Custom Tools to Extend the Unity IDE.
- [Voiceover] So at this point, we've gone through…and created a lot of custom editors…and also a custom window.…One of the things that I want to talk about…is how to actually organize…the code and folders inside of your project,…especially when it comes to working…with other assets that you import…from the Unity Assets Store,…or if you're working with your own code libraries.…To keep things simple,…we put everything in the root of the Asset folder.…In a normal project, what I like to do…is create one root folder inside of the Assets folder…that contains all of the code…and everything that goes into our game itself.…
Let's go ahead and create a new folder,…and we're going to call this ExtendingUnityEditor.…Now let's select all of the other files…inside of the Assets folder…and drag them into our new folder.…Again, if we go back to our New Sprite,…you'll see that Unity was smart enough…to move all of the code references,…but they're still available inside of the inspector.…So as we move around things in our project,…
- Exposing variables to the Inspector
- Providing attributes to Inspector fields
- Extending the base editor
- Creating custom UI elements
- Modifying the layout of a custom editor
- Building a custom window
- Saving and loading data
- Creating a reorderable list
- Skinning custom inspectors
- Exporting assets as Unity packages
Skill Level Intermediate
Unity 5: 2D Generate Procedural Terrainwith Dan Violet Sagmiller4h 4m Intermediate
Game Design Careers with Brenda Romerowith Brenda Romero54m 41s Beginner
1. Introduction to the Inspector
2. Build Custom Editors in Unity
3. Create Custom UI Elements in Unity
4. Build a Custom Window in Unity
5. Saving and Loading Data in Unity
6. Advanced UI
7. Skinning Custom Inspectors
8. Export Custom Code
Code organization4m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.