Join Kelley Hecker for an in-depth discussion in this video Clear the obstacles level type, part of Building a Match 3 Game with Unity.
- [Voiceover] The next level type…is similar to the number of moves level,…except instead of trying to reach a target score,…we have to clear all the bubbles on the grid.…Create a script called level obstacles and open it.…Make it derive from the base level class.…Like the moves level type, the obstacles level type…also needs to know the number of moves the player has…and the moves already used.…We also need to know which pieces are obstacles.…Add a new array of piece types called obstacleTypes.…
Finally, we need to know how many obstacles are remaining…so we can check when they're all cleared.…Create a new integer called numObstaclesLeft.…In start, we set the level type…to the obstacle level type.…We then need to count how many obstacles are in the grid.…To do that, we need to add a function to the grid class.…Open the grid class and create a new function…which returns a list of game pieces.…Call the function GetPiecesOfType.…
Have it take a piece type as a parameter.…This function will return a list…of all the pieces on the board of the given type.…
Game developer Kelley Hecker covers topics like creating a grid-based game board, using inheritance to create different types of game pieces, adding obstacles and new levels, detecting matches and clearing pieces, and implementing a user interface complete with a score screen. By the end of the course, members will have a completed game and learned new techniques to apply to their next Unity project.
- Creating a game board grid
- Creating and scripting game pieces
- Filling the board
- Creating obstacles
- Swapping pieces
- Matching pieces
- Clearing obstacles and pieces
- Creating new levels
- Creating the user interface: HUD, game over screen, etc.
Skill Level Intermediate
Unity 5: 2D Essential Training (2015)with Jesse Freeman3h 22m Intermediate
Creating Mobile Games with Unitywith Kelley Hecker1h 12m Intermediate
Build a Real-Time Strategy Game with Unity 5with Dan Violet Sagmiller3h 47m Intermediate
1. The Game Board
2. Make a Move
3. Special Piece Types
4. Level Types
5. User Interface
Next steps1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.