Join Jesse Freeman for an in-depth discussion in this video Cleaning up our custom UI, part of Building Custom Tools to Extend the Unity IDE.
- [Voiceover] Let's go ahead and clean up our custom editor…a little bit more.…We're going to add a title that represents the class…that we're editing, right above where we start…putting each of the fields in our HelloWorld script editor.…Let's open HelloWorldEditor inside of MonoDevelop.…Scroll to the top of the OnInspectorGUI method.…Right below where we create the script,…let's add a new label.…We're going to go the EditorGUILayout.…We'll add a LabelField…and we're going to call a method GetType,…which will return the type of the current class.…
From here, we'll call .ToString and turn…the HelloWorldEditor into a string that…we can display in our label field.…Let's save this, go back into Unity,…and select our new sprite.…As you can see, HelloWorldEditor now sits below…the actual title for the component itself.…But it's really hard to tell that it's there.…Let's go in and clean it up just a little bit more.…We'll switch back over, and to start,…let's copy and paste the space right above it,…and below the new space that we added,…
- Exposing variables to the Inspector
- Providing attributes to Inspector fields
- Extending the base editor
- Creating custom UI elements
- Modifying the layout of a custom editor
- Building a custom window
- Saving and loading data
- Creating a reorderable list
- Skinning custom inspectors
- Exporting assets as Unity packages
Skill Level Intermediate
Unity 5: 2D Essential Training (2015)with Jesse Freeman3h 22m Intermediate
Unity 5: 2D Generate Procedural Terrainwith Dan Violet Sagmiller4h 4m Intermediate
Game Design Careers with Brenda Romerowith Brenda Romero54m 41s Beginner
1. Introduction to the Inspector
2. Build Custom Editors in Unity
3. Create Custom UI Elements in Unity
4. Build a Custom Window in Unity
5. Saving and Loading Data in Unity
6. Advanced UI
7. Skinning Custom Inspectors
8. Export Custom Code
Code organization4m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.