Learn how to balance sound channels and groups to create effective atmosphere.
- [Instructor] In this movie I want to look in more depth … at linking footstep sounds to character footsteps … inside an animation. … To demonstrate this I've created a basic scene here, … where you can see the Ethan character is standing … on a ground plane. … When I press play on the toolbar inside the Game tab … you can see Ethan is walking along automatically … using the standard walk animation … that is provided as part … of the Unity Standard Assets package. … In this instance Ethan is walking along … step by step at a pretty steady pace. … But nowhere in this walk animation is he playing sound. … Now we saw in the preceding movie one way … we could add sound to this animation sequence, … we could switch to the animation tab, … create our own key frames, … move the character along manually, … and at key elements inside the animation … we could play the necessary sound. … But Unity offers us a new and different way … of adding footstep sounds to character animations, … and that's what I want to have a look at here. …
Find out more about Unity Certified Associate exam at https://certification.unity.com/products/certified-associate.
- Importing audio files
- Configuring audio listeners and sources
- Creating mixers
- Coding with AudioSources
- Adding sound effects for characters and events
- Building a particle system
- Configuring particle collisions