Find out more about Unity Certified Associate exam at https://certification.unity.com/products/certified-associate.
- Importing audio files
- Configuring audio listeners and sources
- Creating mixers
- Coding with AudioSources
- Adding sound effects for characters and events
- Building a particle system
- Configuring particle collisions
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Alan] Greetings and welcome to this Unity Certification Associate Training course, presented by LinkedIn Learning. My name is Alan Thorn, and I'll be your instructor as we comprehensively explore how to work with audio, music, and special effects in our games. We'll start by looking at optimal ways to import audio assets into our projects, and how to set up sounds to play in game. This includes both 2D sounds like music, and positional sounds in 3D like water, wind, and weather effects. In addition, we'll see how to balance volume levels and add audio effects like pitch adjustments using audio mixer assets. And then we'll move on to particle systems for creating effects like rain, fog, explosions, fire, and more. We'll see how to use Unity's particle effects package, as well as how to make particle systems from scratch, complete with advanced features like collision abilities, allowing our systems to impact physical objects in the scene. By the end of this module, you'll understand an important range of Unity features for significantly enhancing the believability of your games, so let's get started.