Join Jesse Freeman for an in-depth discussion in this video Canvas: Screen space, part of Unity 5: UI.
- Now let's talk about the render mode of the canvas.…by default, it's set to overlay, and as I discussed earlier…that just means the UI will sit on top of anything…that's being rendered out by Unity,…no matter which camera is active or deactivated.…Now, let's change the render mode to Screen Space Camera,…and we'll set the main camera…as the canvas' render camera.…You'll notice that our button still exists…inside of the game window,…but we've lost it in the scene window.…
What's happened is the canvas has rescaled itself…and is now centered inside of the main camera.…If we double click on the canvas and then select the camera,…you'll see that it's now sitting within…the field of view of our main camera.…Let's create a new camera.…And with the new camera rendering…you'll notice the UI goes away.…If we were to disable this camera…and go back to our main camera…you'll see our UI.…
And if we disable the main camera…and go back to the new camera,…it will go away.…That's because this canvas…is directly tied to the main camera.…
- Adding new components to the Canvas
- Working with RectTransforms
- Nesting UI elements
- Adding rich text and effects to the UI
- Creating images
- Styling UI buttons
- Handling input
- Creating sliders
- Controlling the layout of the screen
- Adding toggles and dropdowns
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The Canvas
2. Working with the RectTransform
3. Working with Text
4. Working with Images
5. Working with Buttons
6. Handling UI Input
7. Working with a Slider
8. Controlling Layout
9. Toggles, Dropdowns, and the Input Field
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.