Join Dan Violet Sagmiller for an in-depth discussion in this video Camera start, part of Unity 5: Build a Real-Time Strategy Game.
- [Voiceover] I wanna test the battle AI…but it takes so long to get my players…anywhere near the AI's.…So what I'll do is I'll move the player…closer to the enemy at the startup.…This is a problem though.…The camera will remain where we started.…We'll need to fix it so it follows the player's location.…To begin with, I'm gonna select…the player's starting location…under map, player one, start,…and I'm gonna drag that onto the…other side of the map, closer to the enemy,…and now I'll press play.…What we see is that our viewport…is still in the exact same spot on the map,…and I have to move the map up in order to…find my player, which I'm able to do.…
What I want to do, however, is that…as soon as it starts, it will show up immediately…over the player's start location.…So to do that, I need to go into the scripts…and then select the camera cradle…and edit it.…In the camera cradle, I'm gonna add another float.…So, public float height equals…and I'll set it to 80 by default.…This is how many meters high…the camera is gonna be over the terrain.…
AuthorDan Violet Sagmiller
- Adding player positions and start info
- Loading prebuilt levels
- Adding camera moves
- Adding a unit
- Supporting navigation
- Adding unit owners and player objects
- Importing and setting up a HUD map
- Adding unit info and credits
- Creating HUD actions
- Building a command base
- Adding artificial intelligence
- Adding battle actions
Skill Level Intermediate
Unity 5 2D Essential Training (2015)with Jesse Freeman3h 22m Intermediate
1. Initial Setup
2. Adding a Unit
3. Navigation Mesh
4. Unit Owner
5. HUD Map
6. Unit Info & Credits
7. HUD Actions
8. Command Base
9. Base AI
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.