Join Jesse Freeman for an in-depth discussion in this video Build a window class, part of Unity 5: 2D Advanced UI.
- [Voiceover] Now that our Start Window…is starting to look more like an actual window in a game,…it's time for us to create some code that will help…manage the windows that we add to the project.…Let's go to the Scripts folder,…right-click inside of the Project View,…and create a New Folder inside of here.…And we're gonna call this, Windows.…We'll try to separate out our code…where Windows go in the Windows folder,…when we create the Manager,…it'll go in a Manager folder,…in order to keep all our code nice and clean.…Inside of the Windows folder,…let's go and create a new C Sharp Script.…
We're gonna call this script, Generic Window.…This class will represent the base class…for all of the Windows inside of our game.…Let's double-click on the file…in order to open it up in our code editor.…Here you can see,…the code has been opened up in MonoDevelop,…since this is set to the default code editor.…Before we get started, we're gonna want a way…for the Window to know which UI element…needs to be selected by default when it opens up.…
Unity expert Jesse Freeman helps you design your UI using custom prefabs (reusable UI elements), UI components such as windows and buttons, simple buildup animations, and transitions. He also helps you create a window manager to guide changes and relationships between windows, and extend the window system with a custom Unity editor that lets you standardize window display and navigation throughout your game.
- Creating Unity prefabs: fonts, colors, buttons, and labels
- Adding a title, credits, and buttons to the start screen
- Adding a game over screen
- Creating animated stats for the game over screen
- Transitioning between windows
- Building a keyboard window
- Mouse, keyboard, and controller navigation
- Building a custom Unity editor for managing in-game windows
- Adding a window to select difficulty level
Skill Level Intermediate
Unity 5: 2D Generate Procedural Terrainwith Dan Violet Sagmiller4h 4m Intermediate
Unity 5: 2D Essential Training (2015)with Jesse Freeman3h 22m Intermediate
Unity 5: 2D Building a Tile Map Editorwith Jesse Freeman1h 38m Intermediate
1. Create UI Prefabs in Unity
2. Create a Start Screen in Unity
3. Create a Game Over Screen in Unity
4. Create a Window Manager
The window manager3m 45s
5. Create a Virtual Keyboard Window
6. Extend the Window System
7. Add a Difficulty Window in Unity
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.