Join Jesse Freeman for an in-depth discussion in this video Build the difficulty window, part of Unity 5 2D: Advanced UI.
- [Voiceover] So, now that we've created a better way…to manage each of the windows in our game,…let's go ahead and build out…the final window for this course.…On our canvas, we'll right click…and create a new panel.…Let's call this panel DifficultyWindow.…We're going to work…with the toggle button…and create an easy way…to toggle between easy, medium, and hard…when you go to start your game.…Now that we have our panel,…let's change the colors alpha…to 100% and change the background image…to our palette four.…
Next, let's create an empty game object…and call it DifficultyGroup.…We'll add a new image…and set the image to the window border.…Also, let's go ahead and reset the position X and Y to zero.…Now, we're going to create a vertical layout…inside of the DifficultyGroup.…On our Vertical Layout, let's change the padding.…We'll set left to 10, right to 10,…top to five and bottom to eight.…We'll also set aside a spacing of five…and we'll make this…Child Alignment Upper Center.…
We'll also remove the check boxes…for Child Force Expand Width and Height.…
Unity expert Jesse Freeman helps you design your UI using custom prefabs (reusable UI elements), UI components such as windows and buttons, simple buildup animations, and transitions. He also helps you create a window manager to guide changes and relationships between windows, and extend the window system with a custom Unity editor that lets you standardize window display and navigation throughout your game.
- Creating Unity prefabs: fonts, colors, buttons, and labels
- Adding a title, credits, and buttons to the start screen
- Adding a game over screen
- Creating animated stats for the game over screen
- Transitioning between windows
- Building a keyboard window
- Mouse, keyboard, and controller navigation
- Building a custom Unity editor for managing in-game windows
- Adding a window to select difficulty level
Skill Level Intermediate
Unity 5 2D: Generate Procedural Terrainwith Dan Violet Sagmiller4h 4m Intermediate
Unity 5 2D Essential Training (2015)with Jesse Freeman3h 22m Intermediate
Unity 5 2D: Building a Tile Map Editorwith Jesse Freeman1h 38m Intermediate
1. Create UI Prefabs in Unity
2. Create a Start Screen in Unity
3. Create a Game Over Screen in Unity
4. Create a Window Manager
The window manager3m 45s
5. Create a Virtual Keyboard Window
6. Extend the Window System
7. Add a Difficulty Window in Unity
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.