Join Harrison Ferrone for an in-depth discussion in this video Authentication options overview, part of Unity: Working with Google Firebase.
- [Instructor] There are a few different ways that we can…go about authenticating our players with Firebase Auth.…Go ahead and click on the Docs tab, scroll down…to the Unity section and select the Get Started Guide.…Under the Develop tab on the left hand side of the screen,…expand the Authentication section.…As you can see there are a lot of options, email…and password, Google, Github, Facebook, Twitter,…custom systems, anonymous auth, and finally being able…to have your players authenticate and register themselves…with multiple providers and have their accounts linked.…
For this course we're going to be focusing on email…and password verification.…The social login options all follow the same user flow,…namely install the appropriate social SDK, get an access…token, and sign-in to Firebase using that as a credential.…For linking multiple auth options, Firebase has made it…pretty easy so revisit the Docs here when you need…that functionality.…As a final note, if you want to onboard your players…gently and not require them to fully go through your…
- Working with Firebase
- Adding signup and login functionality
- Building a player class
- Saving data
- Retrieving data
- Displaying data in the Unity GUI
- Making a reusable asset package for other Unity projects
Skill Level Intermediate
Careers in the Game Industrywith Christian Bradley1h 19m Beginner
Building Custom Tools to Extend the Unity IDEwith Jesse Freeman2h 11m Intermediate
Unity 5: 2D Building an Adventure Gamewith Jesse Freeman2h 22m Intermediate
1. Project Overview
2. Introduction to Firebase
3. Authenticating Players
4. Using the Realtime Database
5. Displaying Data
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.