Learn to create audio mixers for balancing soundscapes.
- [Josh Olenslager] In this movie, … I want to see how to do something incredibly important, … and a really, really common task generally. … That is to create footstep sounds for character animations. … We've seen how, with the first person controller, … at least with the default one included … as part of the Standard Assets Package, … Unity have provided us with some pre-coded functionality … that makes sure the first person controller plays … footstep sounds whenever we walk around. … Now, that's pretty good, but take a look at the custom scene … here inside the viewport. … We have a ground plane, we have the Ethan character model, … and he's nested inside this hierarchy here. … So here is the Ethan object, and when the playback begins … of this level, when we start the level playback, … Ethan will automatically play a walk animation. … Now we've deactivated the Apply Root Motion field … inside the Animator component attached to Ethan. … What that essentially means is that when the level begins, …
Find out more about Unity Certified Associate exam at https://certification.unity.com/products/certified-associate.
- Importing audio files
- Configuring audio listeners and sources
- Creating mixers
- Coding with AudioSources
- Adding sound effects for characters and events
- Building a particle system
- Configuring particle collisions