Join Kelley Hecker for an in-depth discussion in this video Animate the game over screen, part of Build a Match 3 Game with Unity.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Voiceover] Instead of having our Game Over screen…just pop up out of nowhere,…we're going to create a little animation…to bring it on to the screen.…In the Animations folder, create a new animation…and call it "Game Over Show."…Drag this onto the game over object.…As you can see, this added a new animator component…and created a new animation controller.…Go ahead and double click on the…animation controller to open it.…Since we don't want this animation to play automatically,…we need to make another state the default state.…
Create an empty state and set that as the default state.…Back in the scene, click on the game over object…and open the animation window.…Make sure you're editing the game over show animation.…Add a property for the screen objects…Rect Transforms, Rotation…and a property for the screen objects…Rect Transforms, Anchored Position.…Go ahead and delete the last key frame…and expand the properties.…
You want to start with the game over screen…off the top edge of the screen.…So go ahead and adjust the y-position…
Game developer Kelley Hecker covers topics like creating a grid-based game board, using inheritance to create different types of game pieces, adding obstacles and new levels, detecting matches and clearing pieces, and implementing a user interface complete with a score screen. By the end of the course, members will have a completed game and learned new techniques to apply to their next Unity project.
- Creating a game board grid
- Creating and scripting game pieces
- Filling the board
- Creating obstacles
- Swapping pieces
- Matching pieces
- Clearing obstacles and pieces
- Creating new levels
- Creating the user interface: HUD, game over screen, etc.
Skill Level Intermediate
Unity 5 2D Essential Training (2015)with Jesse Freeman3h 22m Intermediate
Creating Mobile Games with Unitywith Kelley Hecker1h 12m Intermediate
Unity 5: Build a Real-Time Strategy Gamewith Dan Violet Sagmiller3h 46m Intermediate
1. The Game Board
2. Make a Move
3. Special Piece Types
4. Level Types
5. User Interface
Next steps1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.