Join Jesse Freeman for an in-depth discussion in this video Add stats values to the game over screen, part of Unity 5 2D: Advanced UI.
- [Voiceover] Now we're ready to start…displaying the stats themselves.…Let's go to the left column and…create a new empty game object inside of it.…Here, we're gonna call this GameStats.…Now, our stats are gonna be comprised…of two different text fields.…The one on the left is going to be the…name of the stat, and the one on the right…is going to be the actual value.…In order to make this work, we're…gonna need to add a Horizontal Layout Group…to the GameStats game object.…Next, let's add a layout element…in order to set a height.…
Here, we'll change the preferred height to equal 40.…Next, let's add the body prefab…into the GameStats game object.…Now, let's change the text to say Stat,…and we can copy this and paste it three times…so that we show three different stats.…Now, let's copy the body, and paste it…and we'll change the values here to be zeroes.…We'll pad them with two zeroes on each row.…Now we have our first column of stats,…with labels on the left and numbers on the right.…
Let's go ahead and change the names…
Unity expert Jesse Freeman helps you design your UI using custom prefabs (reusable UI elements), UI components such as windows and buttons, simple buildup animations, and transitions. He also helps you create a window manager to guide changes and relationships between windows, and extend the window system with a custom Unity editor that lets you standardize window display and navigation throughout your game.
- Creating Unity prefabs: fonts, colors, buttons, and labels
- Adding a title, credits, and buttons to the start screen
- Adding a game over screen
- Creating animated stats for the game over screen
- Transitioning between windows
- Building a keyboard window
- Mouse, keyboard, and controller navigation
- Building a custom Unity editor for managing in-game windows
- Adding a window to select difficulty level
Skill Level Intermediate
Unity 5 2D: Generate Procedural Terrainwith Dan Violet Sagmiller4h 4m Intermediate
Unity 5 2D Essential Training (2015)with Jesse Freeman3h 22m Intermediate
Unity 5 2D: Building a Tile Map Editorwith Jesse Freeman1h 38m Intermediate
1. Create UI Prefabs in Unity
2. Create a Start Screen in Unity
3. Create a Game Over Screen in Unity
4. Create a Window Manager
The window manager3m 45s
5. Create a Virtual Keyboard Window
6. Extend the Window System
7. Add a Difficulty Window in Unity
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.