Join Jesse Freeman for an in-depth discussion in this video Add a reorderable list, part of Building Custom Tools to Extend the Unity IDE.
- [Voiceover] Now that we're able to save and load our data,…let's take a look at some more advanced UI components…to help make our editor a little easier to use.…We're going to create a reorderable list…in order to work with the items…in our SaveTestEditor.…Let's go into the Editor folder…and open up SaveTestEditor in MonoDevelop.…In order to create a reorderable list,…we're going to need to bring in…the UnityEditorInternal namespace.…Let's type out "using UnityEditor"…and select "Internal" from the list.…
This will give us access to some undocumented components.…Even though they're undocumented,…we're still able to use them in our CustomEditor.…At the top of our class, we're going to need a reference…to store the reorderable list.…Let's create a private field typed to ReorderableList,…and we'll call it "list."…We're also going to want to save out the saveTestScript.…So let's create another private field.…We'll type it to SaveTest,…and we'll call this saveTestScript.…
Now let's create a new method for "on enable."…
- Exposing variables to the Inspector
- Providing attributes to Inspector fields
- Extending the base editor
- Creating custom UI elements
- Modifying the layout of a custom editor
- Building a custom window
- Saving and loading data
- Creating a reorderable list
- Skinning custom inspectors
- Exporting assets as Unity packages
Skill Level Intermediate
Unity 5: 2D Essential Training (2015)with Jesse Freeman3h 22m Intermediate
Unity 5: 2D Generate Procedural Terrainwith Dan Violet Sagmiller4h 4m Intermediate
Game Design Careers with Brenda Romerowith Brenda Romero54m 41s Beginner
1. Introduction to the Inspector
2. Build Custom Editors in Unity
3. Create Custom UI Elements in Unity
4. Build a Custom Window in Unity
5. Saving and Loading Data in Unity
6. Advanced UI
7. Skinning Custom Inspectors
8. Export Custom Code
Code organization4m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.