- [Voiceover] To get the game going,…we'll need starting positions defined for players.…Let's create them.…To do that, I'm gonna go from a 2D perspective…to a 3D perspective, and then, I'm gonna change it…from perspective mode to isometric.…Now, I'm looking straight down on this,…so I should be able to get an exact marker position…for where my player should begin.…I have two places that would make sense to put a player,…one up here to start out with, and one over here.…So to do that, I'm gonna click on the map,…and then say Create Empty Child.…
Now, when I do that, it creates an object,…but that object appears a little bit off the scene.…So I'm dragging that over to where I want that to show up.…I would say roughly about here.…Now, there's a problem with this one.…When I click off of it, there's nothing…visible to mark that spot anymore.…So I'm gonna select that, and then from the icon,…this little multicolored cube up in the corner…of the Inspector, I'm gonna select that…and choose the gray bar.…As you can see, this created a bar to show the text,…
AuthorDan Violet Sagmiller
- Adding player positions and start info
- Loading prebuilt levels
- Adding camera moves
- Adding a unit
- Supporting navigation
- Adding unit owners and player objects
- Importing and setting up a HUD map
- Adding unit info and credits
- Creating HUD actions
- Building a command base
- Adding artificial intelligence
- Adding battle actions
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Initial Setup
2. Adding a Unit
3. Navigation Mesh
4. Unit Owner
5. HUD Map
6. Unit Info & Credits
7. HUD Actions
8. Command Base
9. Base AI
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.