Join Harrison Ferrone for an in-depth discussion in this video Add a login, part of Unity: Working with Google Firebase.
- [Instructor] For the login functionality, we're going to do…almost exactly the same thing with our auth manager.…Underneath our Signup New User, we're going to create…a new method called public void LogininExistingUser.…It's also going to take in an email and a password,…and we're going to use our auth variable, but instead…of calling CreateUserWith, we're going to call…SignInWithEmailAndPasswordASync.…
And it works basically the same way.…Pass in our email, our password, we use…the ContinueWith method, and then we're going…to capture the return task, and execute…something in that return block.…Here we're going to use StartCoroutine,…we're going to return our authCallback, and we're going to pass…in this task, and for the operation,…we're going to say it's called Login.…
Don't forget to close the double parentheses here…which StartCoroutine.…Since our delegate and callback method are…already hooked up, there's nothing else we really need…to do in the auth manager.…The last thing we need is in our OnLogin method to do…
- Working with Firebase
- Adding signup and login functionality
- Building a player class
- Saving data
- Retrieving data
- Displaying data in the Unity GUI
- Making a reusable asset package for other Unity projects
Skill Level Intermediate
Building Custom Tools to Extend the Unity IDEwith Jesse Freeman2h 11m Intermediate
Careers in the Game Industrywith Christian Bradley1h 19m Beginner
Unity 5: 2D Building an Adventure Gamewith Jesse Freeman2h 22m Intermediate
1. Project Overview
2. Introduction to Firebase
3. Authenticating Players
4. Using the Realtime Database
5. Displaying Data
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.