Join Jesse Freeman for an in-depth discussion in this video Add callbacks to our reorderable list, part of Building Custom Tools to Extend the Unity IDE.
- [Voiceover] Now that we have our reorderable list,…let's take a look at some of the ways…that we can configure it.…The reorderable list itself has several callbacks…we can tie into to change things like the header,…add warning messages when you try to delete something,…and even change what it looks like…when it renders each of the items in the list.…We're going to add a warning message…whenever you try to delete an item,…making sure that the person who's doing it…really wants to do that action.…Let's go and open the SaveTestEditor.…
Inside of our SaveTestEditor, below OnEnable,…let's go ahead and create a new private method.…It's not going to return anything, so we'll set it to void.…And we'll call this method RemoveCallback.…RemoveCallback is going to get a reorderable list instance…passed into it.…So let's create a reorderable list type,…and we'll call this "list".…Now inside of this method,…we're going to create a display dialog…that asks us if we really want to remove this item.…
Here we'll start with a condition,…
- Exposing variables to the Inspector
- Providing attributes to Inspector fields
- Extending the base editor
- Creating custom UI elements
- Modifying the layout of a custom editor
- Building a custom window
- Saving and loading data
- Creating a reorderable list
- Skinning custom inspectors
- Exporting assets as Unity packages
Skill Level Intermediate
Unity 5: 2D Generate Procedural Terrainwith Dan Violet Sagmiller4h 4m Intermediate
Game Design Careers with Brenda Romerowith Brenda Romero54m 41s Beginner
1. Introduction to the Inspector
2. Build Custom Editors in Unity
3. Create Custom UI Elements in Unity
4. Build a Custom Window in Unity
5. Saving and Loading Data in Unity
6. Advanced UI
7. Skinning Custom Inspectors
8. Export Custom Code
Code organization4m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.