Join Jesse Freeman for an in-depth discussion in this video Add boxes to a customer editor, part of Building Custom Tools to Extend the Unity IDE.
- [Voiceover] Now that we have a really good handle…on how to build custom editors,…how to save and load data to them,…and also how to create some more advance UI elements,…such as, the ReorderableList, and the foldout menu,…let's take a look at how we can actually clean up…the UI itself inside of the Inspector panels.…To get started, let's open up the HelloWorld editor.…The first thing we're going to do…is add a little bit of space between…each of the major blocks of elements.…
We'll start at the top of the InspectorGUI method,…right below where we define the variable script.…Let's add some room and reference the EditorGUI layout,…and let's call the Space method.…We'll save this, and go back into Unity.…Let's go take a look at what happened.…As you can see, Speed has been moved down just a little bit.…Let's go back into our code, copy this line,…and add it right above our foldout.…
Save it, and go back into Unity.…Now you'll see the Options moved down a little bit as well.…And the final thing we'll do,…is let's move down to where our button is,…
- Exposing variables to the Inspector
- Providing attributes to Inspector fields
- Extending the base editor
- Creating custom UI elements
- Modifying the layout of a custom editor
- Building a custom window
- Saving and loading data
- Creating a reorderable list
- Skinning custom inspectors
- Exporting assets as Unity packages
Skill Level Intermediate
Unity 5 2D Essential Training (2015)with Jesse Freeman3h 22m Intermediate
Unity 5 2D: Generate Procedural Terrainwith Dan Violet Sagmiller4h 4m Intermediate
1. Introduction to the Inspector
2. Build Custom Editors in Unity
3. Create Custom UI Elements in Unity
4. Build a Custom Window in Unity
5. Saving and Loading Data in Unity
6. Advanced UI
7. Skinning Custom Inspectors
8. Export Custom Code
Code organization4m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.