Join Jesse Freeman for an in-depth discussion in this video Add animation to stats, part of Unity 5: 2D Advanced UI.
- [Voiceover] Now that we're able to clear…all the stats from our window, we're going to want to add…a way of animating each one in as we build up…to showing the player their final score.…Let's go into our game over window class…and add some more code.…We're going to need a way to keep track…of the time between each of the stats…as well as an internal counter…for the delay in total.…Let's create a public float called statsDelay.…We'll set this value to one f.…Next, let's create a private float called delay,…and we'll set this to zero.…
Next, we'll need to keep track of each of the stats…as we move through and display them.…Let's create a public int called totalStats.…We'll set this to six.…Next, let's create another public int…called statsPerColumn and we'll set this to three.…Finally, we'll add a private int…called currentStat and we'll use this to track…the stat that we're on as we animate them in.…Next, let's create a new, private method…called updateStatText with a return type of void.…
Here we'll pass in a reference to the…
Unity expert Jesse Freeman helps you design your UI using custom prefabs (reusable UI elements), UI components such as windows and buttons, simple buildup animations, and transitions. He also helps you create a window manager to guide changes and relationships between windows, and extend the window system with a custom Unity editor that lets you standardize window display and navigation throughout your game.
- Creating Unity prefabs: fonts, colors, buttons, and labels
- Adding a title, credits, and buttons to the start screen
- Adding a game over screen
- Creating animated stats for the game over screen
- Transitioning between windows
- Building a keyboard window
- Mouse, keyboard, and controller navigation
- Building a custom Unity editor for managing in-game windows
- Adding a window to select difficulty level
Skill Level Intermediate
Unity 5: 2D Generate Procedural Terrainwith Dan Violet Sagmiller4h 4m Intermediate
Unity 5: 2D Essential Training (2015)with Jesse Freeman3h 22m Intermediate
Unity 5: 2D Building a Tile Map Editorwith Jesse Freeman1h 38m Intermediate
1. Create UI Prefabs in Unity
2. Create a Start Screen in Unity
3. Create a Game Over Screen in Unity
4. Create a Window Manager
The window manager3m 45s
5. Create a Virtual Keyboard Window
6. Extend the Window System
7. Add a Difficulty Window in Unity
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.