Join Dan Violet Sagmiller for an in-depth discussion in this video Action behavior, part of Unity 5: Build a Real-Time Strategy Game.
- [Voiceover] We could create a single script…that adds the buttons for a unit,…but I want an architecture that will allow…a designer to set up the units from Unity.…We'll create a special component to do that.…It'll take two scripts.…We'll start in the Scripts folder,…and then select Interactions,…and now we'll create a script called ActionSelect.…Next, we'll go to the Scripts folder and create a folder…underneath it called Actions.…In the Actions folder, we'll create a script…called ActionBehavior.…
Now let's edit it.…Now, ActionBehavior is going to be using Action,…so we'll have to use System,…using System.…Additionally, I want this to be an abstract class…so it doesn't get used by its own,…it gets picked up by other things.…So, I'll start with public abstract.…Next, I need a method that I can have…to be able to extract the ClickAction…from this particular ActionBehavior.…So, I'm going to say public abstract Action…GetClickAction.…
Then I need a field to hold onto…the Sprite for the ButtonPicture.…And I don't need Update or Start,…
AuthorDan Violet Sagmiller
- Adding player positions and start info
- Loading prebuilt levels
- Adding camera moves
- Adding a unit
- Supporting navigation
- Adding unit owners and player objects
- Importing and setting up a HUD map
- Adding unit info and credits
- Creating HUD actions
- Building a command base
- Adding artificial intelligence
- Adding battle actions
Skill Level Intermediate
Unity 5 2D Essential Training (2015)with Jesse Freeman3h 22m Intermediate
1. Initial Setup
2. Adding a Unit
3. Navigation Mesh
4. Unit Owner
5. HUD Map
6. Unit Info & Credits
7. HUD Actions
8. Command Base
9. Base AI
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.