Join Dan Violet Sagmiller for an in-depth discussion in this video AI support, part of Unity 5: Build a Real-Time Strategy Game.
- [Voiceover] The next AIs, we'll deal with…creating a base and attacking the player.…In order to determine that, all the AIs…will want similar information.…Such as how many units, how many bases…does the AI have.…In this video, we will create an AI support…script that will check Drone and Unit count…for each individual AI controller…and their subsequent behaviors.…To get started, I'm in the Scripts folder…and the sub folder AI.…I'm gonna right-click and create the script…called AI Support.…So now we have our AI Support script.…
I know I'm gonna want to use a couple generic lists,…so right away, I'm going to extend out…collections to include generic.…Next, I'm going to create those two public lists I need.…One will be to manage Drones and the other…will be to manage Command Bases.…Next, I'm gonna need to know information…about which player it is.…Since the AI Support is not part of a Prefab…that's getting loaded into the game,…it's not going to be generating…all of the player information.…So we're going to have to set that manually.…
AuthorDan Violet Sagmiller
- Adding player positions and start info
- Loading prebuilt levels
- Adding camera moves
- Adding a unit
- Supporting navigation
- Adding unit owners and player objects
- Importing and setting up a HUD map
- Adding unit info and credits
- Creating HUD actions
- Building a command base
- Adding artificial intelligence
- Adding battle actions
Skill Level Intermediate
Unity 5 2D Essential Training (2015)with Jesse Freeman3h 22m Intermediate
1. Initial Setup
2. Adding a Unit
3. Navigation Mesh
4. Unit Owner
5. HUD Map
6. Unit Info & Credits
7. HUD Actions
8. Command Base
9. Base AI
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.